What is it: snow?
If you have ever played snowballs, sledged, built barricades and sculpted snowmen, then of course you know what snow is. Soft and fluffy, white and sparkling, cold and scalding ... Many epithets can pick up this type of precipitation.
Let's take a closer look at what snow is.
What is snow
Snow is a type of precipitation of solid consistency in the form of crystals or flakes, as well as a solid mass of such precipitation, covering the ground. Crystals of snow are formed as a result of freezing of water vapor in the clouds (on this topic, read the article Where does snow come from).
The white color of snow is due to the fact that the snowflakes completely reflect the light (for more details, see the article Why the snow is white). When squeezing the snow mass is heard crunch, which occurs as a result of breaking of crystals and deformation of the crystal lattice.
Types of snow
There are several types of snow cover. The properties of snow depend on the temperature of the air, the height of the formation and even the number of people that have passed through the snow.The type of snow is very important to determine skiers and snowboarders, because speed of movement depends on it.
- Powder, or "puhlyak" - soft, fluffy, freshly fallen snow.
- Hard snow - this snow has already melted, but has frozen again.
- The crust is a hard crust covering soft snow, which is formed under the influence of the sun and wind.
- Sleet, or snow porridge - snow containing a large amount of water that has melted (read the article Why the snow melts)
- Ice is a solid, hard snow that has gone through several cycles of melting and freezing. The most adverse type of snow for skiers.
Snowfall and its types
The phenomenon of falling snow flakes called snowfall.
There are several types of snowfall:
- snow mixed with rain;
- light snowfall (separate snowflake crystals interlinked between fails);
- heavy - heavy snowfall;
- snowfall with clear sky (when snowflakes are formed due to high humidity).
The snow is very different - dry, crumbly, wet, diamond, blue and pink.
Date: 09.10.2018, 04:59 / Views: 41163
Life hacking, which will be useful to each of us
Is it possible to wipe face with peroxide
Create an individual style in the room: an unusual lamp made of paper rope
This miracle accessory can easily turn into a snood, dress, skirt, bolero, vest
Paper Birthday Cake
The secret possibilities of baby powder: use in the country, in everyday life and not only