Spanish Tortilla with Manchego and Green Olives
Dec 27, 2013
Dense with onions, potatoes, olives, and cheese, this homey, one-skillet wonder hits the spot at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Serve it hot or at room temperature, sliced into wedges.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 25
1/4 c. olive oil
3 tbsp. olive oil
medium Yellow Onion
1 1/2 tsp.
1 1/2 lb. red potatoes
1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper
1/2 c. chopped green olives
1/4 lb. aged Manchego cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 10- or 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer onion to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Working in batches, add half of potatoes in an even layer and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add eggs and olives to reserved onion-potato mixture, and gently stir to combine.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Over medium heat, heat remaining olive oil. Add half of reserved potato-onion-egg mixture to skillet, smoothing with the back of a spoon to create an even layer. Top with cheese; then cover with remaining potato mixture, smoothing with the back of a spoon to create an even layer. Cook for 10 minutes on stovetop, then transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake until eggs are set and potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Adjust oven to broil and cook tortilla until top is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate and cut into 6 or 12 wedges. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Video: Manchego and Green Olive Tortilla - £8.10
One in three may catch swine flu
7 women accuse Dartmouth professors of sexual assault in new lawsuit
Bravo’s Fashion Queens’ Pick the Oscars Best and WorstDressed
8 Foods to Eat During an Ulcerative Colitis Flare
5 Australia Day Outfits To Keep The Bogan At Bay
The Reason This Fit Mom Learned to Love Her Stretch Marks Will Make You Cry
3 Home Remedies for Dandruff
Usertalk: Saja Al Saloum
This Woman Lost 77 Pounds By Eating More Fat. Here’s How It Works
30 Kratos Tattoo Designs For Men – God Of War Ink Ideas
EMU Australia opens in London
You Can Actually Download the Fashion Emojis from Harper’sBazaar
Date: 02.12.2018, 15:53 / Views: 92595