Psychologists Tell Us How to Be Part of the 8% of People Who Always Reach Their Goals
Let’s say you’ve decided to learn French. Set the following goals:
1. I want to learn French from zero to A2 level by myself.
Now let’s determine which specific steps you need to take.
2. In order to learn French I will:
- learn the alphabet and reading rules;
- find and choose the most suitable self-study book;
- accomplish one lesson with exercises from this book every day;
- start watching movies and TV series in French, start listening to French radio stations;
- find people with whom I can practice my new language skills.
Let’s set the time boundaries.
3. Learning French will take one year:
- the alphabet and reading rules will take 2 days;
- searching for a self-study book will take one day;
- accomplishing exercises and watching movies should be done daily for one year;
- the process of searching for a native speaker should be started 3 months after you start your self-study.
Let’s determine the things that can help us reach our goal. There can be outer resources like help from the outside, and inner resources, which are our own efforts.
4. For learning the language I have both outer and inner resources.My friend knows French and I can talk and communicate with her in French on social media. My inner resources are my drive and my propensity to learn languages.
Now let’s move to the final point, which is supposed to be the most important one because answering it will give you the motivation to move toward the desired result.
5. When I learn French, I will be able to go to France and study, and later find a job there.
An important detail in answering this question is that the answer should relate to you personally, not to other people. For example, answers like ’my mom will feel proud of me’ is not a good motivation, especially if it’s the only result you want to get and you don’t see any other personal benefits after reaching the goal.
Video: The National for Wednesday August 29, 2018 — NAFTA, Opioid Lawsuit, Kids and Pot
Now You Can Buy Derek LamWine
Zuhair Murad Fall 2019 RTW: Las Vegas By Night
Temp Fade Haircut – Best 17 Temple Fade Styles 2019
Be Belle Lacessiti Non Padded Underwired Bra
River Island Come Together Charity T-shirts
About Bipolar Disorder and Substance Use
Forever 21 Holiday 2013 Collection
This Moms Letter Is a Powerful Look at Living With Anxiety
Greatist Deal: Our Favorite Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat