How to solder a soldering iron?
Watch the video
The ability to solder is an occupation that can be useful at any time. It is very good, if the owner or the mistress in the house possess this skill. In any case, how to solder a soldering iron, many should know.
To get started, apart from such qualities as patience, manual dexterity and desire, you need to have the following tools:
- soldering iron - when buying it is important to pay attention to the power of the device, if the power is small, then such a soldering iron is designed for miniature chips and parts;
- stand for a soldering iron - when the soldering iron is working, its temperature can be about 300 degrees, therefore a stand is needed for such a heated device;
- solder. This alloy contains low-melting metals such as cadmium, lead, or tin;
- Flux is a substance that protects against oxidation. It is necessary because it helps the solder adhere well to the place of adhesion;
- small tools such as nippers, tweezers, files and medical scalpel.
In addition, you may also need a very convenient and useful device called a digital tester, with which you can check the voltage.
Learning to solder
- If you just recently bought a soldering iron, you must first get lost and sharpen it. To do this, it must be included in the network. There is one small feature: usually when you first turn on the grease burns out and at the same time you smell the smell of burning, but this is not too scary. When the device has warmed up, the work surface should be cleaned with a file. To the sting made of copper, not oxidized, you need to quickly lower it into the rosin and then immediately - in the solder.
- It is worth noting that if you purchased a soldering iron not from copper, but from metal ceramics, then such processes are not necessary. You can simply clean it with a damp sponge.
- If you notice that the copper core is fading on your soldering iron, then the procedure described above should be carried out regularly.
- It is important to ensure that the surfaces that need to be soldered do not have any coatings, such as varnish or oxidizing agents. If this is, then they need to be cleaned using a scalpel, sandpaper or file.
- Now we apply flux to the place of soldering with a brush. We take in the hands of a soldering iron, recruit a little solder and solder the surface. If you do not get as beautiful and high-quality as professionals, then you should not be upset, because usually for the first time, not many things go perfectly. Although the process of soldering is quite simple, you still need to learn it and, as they say, “get a hand”.
- To make heat transfer more efficient, a soldering iron tip should be applied with the entire blade. The soldering process should be quick. If at the first time it was not possible to solder well, you need to give time for the parts to cool down, and then resume the process.
- To determine how well the soldering is done, you need to pay attention to the solder itself. It should lie flat and thin, and the layer should shine. Also in such a place there should not be any cracks or overflows.
Date: 11.10.2018, 18:27 / Views: 51345
Comfortable bedside tables: 12 original interior ideas
How to make a bow tie out of wood
Christmas tree costume
What is a replica
Earrings of the Heart in the style of the 80s