How to sew their own PPC Case
Car maintenance and tuning work is better to entrust specialists. But there are some things that you can do yourself. For example, you can manually change the cover to the gear lever.
Almost every car with a manual gearbox and some cars with automatic weapons have a lever that is protected case. Sometimes it is called the gearshift knob. The shape and size of the cover in different cars differ from each other. But the principles of the dismantling, tailoring and mounting almost the same at all. For example, a step-by-step instruction for tailgate cover for Opel Vectra A 1993 is offered. Tools and Materials Needed
For sewing a new gearshift lever cover you will need: - flat screwdriver, - cutters, - pliers, - office knife, - scissors - kapron yoke, width 3.2 mm, minimum length - 15 cm; - cut of leatherette or leather,size 40x40 cm; - helium or ballpoint pen; - stapler and staples at 6-8 mm. Of course, you still need a sewing machine, for sewing a leatherette cover, any household sewing machine is enough. For sewing leather using a special sewing machine that can sew a coarse material. If the machine is not there, then there will certainly be friends who have it. Most likely, acquaintances will agree to help with the tailoring of the cover. Instructions for sewing the cover of the gearbox
1. Dismantle the old cover. Usually it is fixed in two places. Gently snap the bottom of the cover. It is usually made of plastic and is attached to the center console with latches. Sometimes a plain flathead screwdriver is needed to tighten the base at the mounting points. Turning the cover on the left side. The top of the cover is often attached with a kapron clamp. Remove it with a nipper or a sharp stationery knife. Remove the cover through the gear knob.
2. Remove the brackets that secure the cover to the base.Use a screwdriver and pliers.
3. Usually sew a case of 4 parts. Sometimes it may consist of 2 or 3 parts. We mark on the old case how the parts are sewn together.
4. We discard all parts. We get patterns for a new case.
5. We transfer all parts to a new material. It is recommended to use a leather or leather. For tailoring a cover, it is necessary to cut a piece of leather or a leather substitute 40x40 cm in size. You can draw a new part on the front side with a helium pen or from the inside of a usual ballpoint. We cut out the new details.
6. Gently sew all the parts together according to the marks that were made on the old case. If desired, you can make a decorative stitch.The color of the thread can be picked up any, at personal discretion.
>img src="https://sdelaysam-svoimirukami.ru/images/5/1697-chehol-kpp.jpg" alt="Transmission Case" title="Transmission Case">
7. We insert a new nylon yoke into the upper part of the case. The lower part is fixed to the base. We use a stapler and staples with a height of 6-8 mm. Using the pliers, bend the ends of the staples from the inside. You can use glue instead of attaching with staples.
8. The new cover is ready. Fasten it back to the car. Gently dress it through the gearbox knob. Tighten the clamp on the top of the cover. Superfluous we delete kusachkami. We turn out the cover and fasten the base to the center console.Straighten cover.
Date: 10.10.2018, 20:16 / Views: 35465
Battery replacement plus possible moddingSuch a different window sill: 8 ideas for inspirationQuilling a roseDIY tiger for childrenInstallation of SCS