How to give water to a newborn?
Young mothers very often wonder: whether or not to give babies water, and when to start adding it to the baby’s diet. However, pediatricians do not recommend to give water to children under 6 months who are breastfed.
Kids up to 6 months
- Up to 6 months, the baby is not recommended to give water, and replace it with breast milk, as it is 87 percent water. It is better to give more milk, which contains more nutrients than in ordinary water.
- At this age, babies are fed and fed to babies under the strict guidance of a pediatrician, based on strict medical prescriptions. Even if the child has a fever, it is advised to drink his breast milk. In cases where it is not possible to attach the baby to the breast, milk is decanted and given from a spoon or from a cup.
- If you still need to add water to your baby's diet, do it between breastfeeding. It should be remembered that the child’s ventricle is very small (about 250-300 ml), so 1-2 teaspoons of water will be enough.
From 6 months to a year
- From the age of six months, doctors allow you to give a child water at the rate of 20 ml per kg of child weight, but not more than 250 ml. Immediately a large amount of water he can not drink.
- In case of illness, the doctor can increase the volume of water consumed to 30 ml. But if a child drinks mother's milk, do not replace it with water.
- If the child is bottle-fed, then in this case the use of water is indispensable. The amount of water is set by the doctor depending on the needs of the child.
In the second or third week, the child has colic in the intestines. To relieve pain, the doctor may prescribe dill water. Give it to newborns should be based on the following recommendations:
- First give 1-1.5 teaspoons between feedings. After the first dose, you should carefully monitor the child's behavior, as in some children dill water can cause allergies.
- Effect after application of water may occur in 15-20 minutes.
- Apply dill water 3 times a day and 1 teaspoon. If the effect was weak, you can increase the dose to 1.5 tsp.
Cooking dill water
Dill water can be purchased at the pharmacy in finished form, and you can cook yourself. For this you will need:
- 1 teaspoon of dill seeds;
- 1 glass of water.
Prepare the dill water as follows:
- Seeds need to pour boiling water and leave to infuse for 1-1.5 hours.
- Then it is necessary to strain the broth and pour into a baby feeding bottle.
It should be remembered that the broth can be stored no more than 5 days in a cold room or refrigerator.
Water for kids
Babies can be given:
- water from the tap. It should be boiled and then chilled.
- filtered water. It is also desirable to boil.
- bottled drinking water for babies.
Disadvantages of water use
- Malnutrition. If a child is given plenty of water, he will ask less for milk, respectively, and less nutrients. It should be remembered that if a newborn drank 100 ml of water, it means he will not drink 100 ml of milk, which affects the growth and development of the baby.
- Milk production. If the child drinks less milk, then the mother produces less. In the future, this can lead to a significant decrease in milk production and the need to artificially feed the baby.
- Imbalance.Frequent replacement of milk with water can lead to disorders in the digestive system of the child. And this can lead to dysbiosis.
The most important thing is to remember that how and in what volume to give water to newborns should be prescribed by a pediatrician.
Date: 09.10.2018, 06:52 / Views: 45392
Nagro Bio-Fertilizer - Eat Healthy Vegetables and Fruits
French fries in a paper envelope
Openwork manicure as from a beauty salon - we reveal all the secrets
Repair broken connector lug
Bouquet of roses from paper with candies inside
Batik - beautiful and exquisite
How to connect a TV tuner
How to wear a shirt