How to Choose a Travel Agent
Planning a vacation abroad can be difficult so its best to find a travel agent to guide you from start to finish. Even if you want to travel within your own country, it is always best to speak to those who are familiar with transportation, lodging, costs and also able to guide you.
Consider choosing a travel agent online.Travel agents are not considered as often as in the past due the Internet.However, they are still a great resource for information and can provide you with an entire range of services, which will make your trip run smoothly, as well as save you time, problems, and money.
Make a list of things if you are choosing a travel agent.
- Things you will need:
- Date, Place, and price range of your trip.
- List of agencies in your near by area.
- List of questions
- Things you will need:
Questions that the travel agent need to ask.A good quality travel agent will ask you to outline your trip.They will ask where you’re going and why, how you would wish to travel, how long you plan to stay, and what your travel budget is. Be open and honest with your answers. A good agent will gladly put together a sample tours that describe availabilities in transportation, accommodations, and estimated costs.
Recognize your needs.A good travel agent will always take your needs into consideration.However, while an agent will typically ask questions to get this type of information from you (and you should take it as a bad sign if the agent does not), you will also need to do your part by speaking your mind.
- Clarify the main purpose of your trip.
- Decide where you want to go and when, making sure the trip will fit into everyone's plan.
- Choose your mode of transportation, whether it's Airline, Cruise, rental car, or something else.
- Try to determine a realistic budget for your trip based on all your other considerations.
Ask the right questions.Once you have your choices, call around to ask questions.You should ask most of these questions to person, in addition, when you meet with those agents:
- What kind of travel do you specialize in?
- Can I contact you 24 hours a day?
- Which services do you charge for and how much will they cost?
Don't feel required to purchase anything when you do meet with travel agents .Travel arrangements are like shopping for a car or any other commodity if you are too eager to jump on a deal right away.As you start to discuss travel options with an agent you like, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Do not rely on vocal agreements alone.
- Do not suppose your accommodations will look as impressive as they do in the glossy direct mail.
- Always read all the paperwork carefully before you sign it, especially when it comes to package deals.
- If you are traveling abroad make sure that there is a destination management company in the country you are going to visit
- If you are living in the USA, the agency should belong to the American Society of Travel Agents, Inc.
- If you are living in Ontario, Canada, the agency should be TICO (Travel Industry Council of Ontario) registered.
- If you live in the UK be sure to use an ABTA (The Travel Association) member, these are professionally trained travel agents who offer financial protection for a large number of travel purchases, they are highly trained and traveled and look after you when things go wrong.
- Some travel agents charge fees for small tasks, such as delivery of tickets, etc.
- In most cases Travel agents earn their money by way of a commission from the tour operator or hotel they are booking on your behalf. This means that it should not cost you more to book via a Travel Agent. In fact, in a lot of cases, it is cheaper to book through a Travel Agent than it is to book direct.
- Some travel agents have preferred supplier agreements with a travel company.
- Travel agents only charge fees for the services they do not receive any remuneration on, they cannot be expected to offer a free service otherwise they would not stay in business.
- Fees differ from agent to agent and country to country so check them out and always get quote from them before booking on web yourself - you could save a lot of money, time and heartache - if things go wrong!
Video: Do you need a Travel Agent for a cruise?
Sample Ozymandias Essay
1 in 4 Senior Women in U.S. Has Osteoporosis: CDC
Vanguard Asks DailyWorth: How Can We Better Serve Women
The One Thing: Redken Braid Aid 03 Braid DefiningLotion
Jersey Dresses Get Fast Tracked
Visualization Meditation: These Visualizations Can Help You Focus
Your Afternoon Coffee Might Trigger a Bad Nights Sleep
Why you should freeze more food
Harry And William Open Up About Mother Diana At Inaugural Diana Awards
How to Choose an Email Address
Chocolate-Orange Blossom Cake