How to choose a toothbrush?
Many people do not attach much importance to the selection of a toothbrush and brushing their teeth until they have problems with their teeth and gums. Indeed, we think, and what we brush our teeth only when we lie in a chair in the office at the dentist. But a toothbrush is a rather ancient invention of mankind, which appeared long before the birth of Christ! Our ancestors paid much attention to this process: in Babylon they used toothpicks, in Egypt - wooden brushes, and in Russia - sticks with bristles. So, how to choose a toothbrush? First of all, when choosing and using any toothbrushes, all people should follow the following rules:
- Before you buy, find out if everything is fine with your teeth;
- in the presence of implants and braces, use only special brushes;
- brush your teeth at least twice a day for 2-3 minutes;
- be sure to change the manual toothbrush once a quarter;
- do not keep all toothbrushes together in one cup;
- buy a toothbrush only in pharmacies or specialty stores;
- if you have suffered a disease, be sure to change the toothbrush;
- buy a special sterilizer for your toothbrush;
- Use dental floss and oral balms to enhance your brushing.
Usually, people do not think about how to choose a toothbrush for a long time, since the most common brush is a regular manual toothbrush, sold in almost all stores. It has a handle and bristles, thanks to which the teeth are cleaned, depending directly on the efforts of the person himself. When choosing a manual toothbrush, first of all pay attention to the type of bristles:
- soft bristles (designed for children from 1 to 5 years, as well as for people with sensitive gums, destruction of enamel, periodontal diseases and damage to the tissues of the teeth);
- middle setae (intended for children from 5 to 12 years, as well as for all adults);
- hard bristles (designed for people with increased formation of dental plaque and stones, but are used only as directed by a doctor, as they can damage the gums and tooth enamel).
So, how to choose a toothbrush of this type? In all manual toothbrushes, bristles of different types are used, which are collected in separate bunches in rows.Based on the location of the bristle tufts, all manual toothbrushes are divided into the following types:
- Hygienic toothbrush. This toothbrush has been used predominantly before, and today its effectiveness is already a thing of the past. Its cost varies from 20 to 400 rubles, and people with extremely healthy teeth buy it.
- Therapeutic brush. This brush consists of bristle beams of different lengths, which allows you to remove not only plaque from the front teeth, but also in the most inaccessible places. In addition, this brush has rubber inserts for massaging the gums, and on its back you will find a pad for cleaning and massaging the tongue. These brushes are equipped with indicators of the color of the bristles, which, changing in the course of a long brushing of the teeth, will signal the need to replace the toothbrush.
- Ionic toothbrush. This brush has a deposition of titanium dioxide, which, mixing with saliva, destroys all the disease-causing microbes at the molecular level, and ionized saliva for a long time counteracts the growth of microorganisms. As a rule, these toothbrushes are used without toothpaste, and their cost varies from 500 to 800 rubles.
- Orthodontic toothbrush.This toothbrush is designed for those who are forced to wear braces, and also have irregular teeth, bite and implants. The brush contains a special cutout on the bristles that helps brush teeth in these situations. These brushes do not sell in pharmacies, they are only in online stores that sell them for 100-200 rubles.
In the modern market there is also another type of toothbrushes, for which you do not need to make special efforts to clean the teeth. The basic principle of operation of such brushes is that under the influence of sonic and supersonic frequencies, all pathogenic bacteria are destroyed in the entire oral cavity. These brushes do not put pressure on the gums and teeth, remove plaque on the teeth, but you can use them no more than twice a week. How to choose an electric toothbrush? First of all, you need to know that all electric toothbrushes are divided into three types:
- Ordinary electric toothbrush. As a rule, such a brush works at audio frequencies from 250 to 500 Hz. Its main purpose is the effective softening and removal of plaque, cleaning the tongue, massage of the gums.The cost of an ordinary electric toothbrush varies from 1,000 to 5,000 rubles.
- Ultrasonic electric toothbrush. Typically, this brush works at a supersonic frequency of 1.6 MHz. If you want to engage in the prevention of the occurrence of tartar, as well as to eliminate various inflammatory phenomena, then you need an ultrasonic toothbrush. How to choose her? It is enough simply not to have cardiovascular diseases and implanted teeth, since doctors do not advise using ultrasonic toothbrushes in these cases.
- Combined electric toothbrush. As a rule, such a brush works immediately at a sound and supersonic frequency: ultrasound destroys plaque, and sound waves that form foam remove the destroyed plaque. Such brushes make up to 18,000 movements per minute, which makes it possible to kill microbes not only in the oral cavity, but also at a depth of 5 mm from the surface of the teeth and gums. The cost of ultrasonic and combined electric brushes can vary from 4,000 to 7,000 rubles.
If you decide which electric toothbrush to choose, then pay attention to the following characteristics:
- power supply (it is desirable that the charger be included with the waterproof batteries);
- work time (electric toothbrush should work without recharging for at least a day);
- electronic timer (usually set for 2-3 minutes);
- the number of speeds (usually their number ranges from two to four and includes such modes as "whitening", "massage gums", "comfort" and "standard");
- the number of interchangeable nozzles (depends on the number of modes and can vary from one to eight, including a nozzle for polishing teeth and ending with a nozzle for cleaning teeth with dental floss);
- type of working head (depending on how the electric toothbrush moves during tooth brushing, 5 types of tooth heads are distinguished: moving, vibrating, rotating, vibrating and rotating, as well as a head with moving bristles);
- noise level (depends on the type of frequency used);
- pressure sensor on the teeth and gums (which immediately disables the operation of the toothbrush, if you put too much pressure on your teeth or gums).
Date: 08.10.2018, 17:08 / Views: 54233
Where is Tashkent
How to make a huge LED
How to make a rakolovka
Inhale life into an old mirror
How to read on the tablet