How can you grow a real lemon?
All of us periodically eat lemons, adding them to tea or to some dishes. If you are tired of going to the store for this citrus, then try to grow a lemon tree right at home. You'll see, it's easy.
What to grow?
If you decide to grow a lemon tree, then decide what exactly you will grow it from. There are only two options:
- Seeds. It's all simple. Go to the nearest store and pick a lemon there. But the choice should be taken more carefully. The fruit should be even, without stains and damage, ripe. The color should be uniform and saturated. It is better not to take too large lemons, they are probably grown in laboratory conditions or "stuffed" with chemicals.
- Stalk. You can take it from a friend who already grows a lemon tree. You can go to the store. And if suddenly you decide to go to a warm country and see a real tree there, then “steal” the twig.
What to choose? It is worth noting that a plant grown from a seed can adapt to unfavorable conditions and is more hardy, grows faster and better.But the tree will begin to bear fruit only after 5-10 years, so you will not be able to try your own lemon in a short time.
In addition, the plant will be slightly different from its "ancestor", be prepared for this. As for grafting, the plant will start to bear fruit earlier (in 2-5 years), but it will grow longer and may also get sick. But the tree will be exactly the same as the one from which the twig was taken.
Growing from cuttings
If you decide to grow your tree from cuttings, here are the main steps:
- First select and cut the stalk. On the twig should be 2-3 leaflets and about the same number of buds. The length of the branch should be equal to about 10 centimeters, and the optimum thickness - 4-5 millimeters.
- Cut the stalk right above the bud above and below the bud at the bottom.
- It is better to sprinkle a sprig of growth stimulant, so that it grows faster.
- Place the cutting in the water so that it is half dipped. In the water the stalk should stay 3 days.
- To root rooted, you need to plant it in the soil, consisting of a mixture of floral soil, humus and sand (preferably coarse-grained). The proportions should be equal. The twig is placed in the ground at a depth of 3 centimeters.The soil needs to be compacted.
- Since in the first stages the cutting does not have roots, moisture is not obtained through them, therefore the branch must be constantly (every day) sprinkled with water, otherwise the plant will die.
- The soil itself should be sufficiently moist, but moisture stagnation should not form in it.
- The optimum temperature for the process of the appearance of roots is 20-25 degrees, not higher.
- Full rooting will occur in about a month or a month and a half. After that, the tree can be moved to a permanent pot in which it will grow.
Cultivation from a stone
How to grow a homemade lemon from the bone? This is nothing complicated, in fact, no. Here is what you should do:
- To begin, select a seed. It must be whole, dense, intact. It is better to select several seeds at once, since one or several may simply not germinate.
- Seed must be planted immediately after they have been extracted.
- You can plant seeds in small pots (one at a time) or in a long box at a distance of about 5 centimeters from each other and 3-4 centimeters from the walls of the box.
- For soil use a mixture of floral soil and peat in equal parts.Provide good drainage.
- Put each seed in the ground to a depth of 1 centimeter, compact the soil slightly.
- The optimum temperature for germination is 18-22 degrees.
- Water the soil constantly so that it is always wet. But the water in the ground should not stand, remember this!
- Approximately in two weeks the first sprouts should look. Choose the largest, strongest and most beautiful.
- For germination a special microclimate is needed, which can be created by covering the sprout with a can. In this case, the pot should be placed in a bright place, but not under direct sunlight.
- Once a day, the bank needs to be cleaned for a while so that the air is updated. Do not forget to constantly water sprouts.
- Select again, selecting the best shoots. Drop them in a bigger pot. It is important to keep the peat mixture and the spine.
- As the rest of the soil, use a mixture of flower mixture and humus.
- When the sprout grows to 15-20 centimeters, you can transplant it into a permanent pot.
What to do next? How to care for a plant correctly? Let us dwell on some important points:
- Pot and soil. The best option for the permanent "shelter" of the tree is a clay pot. The soil should be rich in nutrients.This may be a mixture of humus with cottage land or flower soil purchased in the store. At the bottom of the pot by all means provide drainage. It may consist of charcoal or expanded clay.
- Watering is carried out about 2 times a week. It is extremely important that the moisture in the soil does not stagnate, it can lead to rotting. If this happens, the earth will need to be replaced with a new and fresh one. Water the entire soil evenly, if in some part of the moisture is not, the plant may wither and die.
- Determine the place. A place to grow you need to choose immediately and for the whole life of the plant, because the lemon is very bad tolerates the change of place and may even die. It is best to place the plant in a room whose windows face south.
- Lighting. Lemon loves the light, so for about 2 hours a day the tree should bask in the sun. The rest of the time, the plant should also be in a bright place, but already protected from the rays.
- Temperature. If you grow lemon at home, watch the temperature. The optimal values are 18-26 degrees.
- Every year the tree must be transplanted into a new pot, which should be 1-3 centimeters larger than the previous one.Save the earthy ball on the roots, fill the rest of the space with the usual soil. When the pot has a volume of 10 liters, it is possible to feed the plant or change the top layer of the earth (do it twice a year).
- Lemon likes moisture, so once a week, spray leaves with water. In winter and during the heating season it is worth doing it every day.
- Drafts such a tree does not like, watch this and close the window.
- To form a crown, first, turn the tree toward the light in different directions. But do it gradually, a few degrees a day. Second, trim the crown so that the lateral buds are tied. You can then remove the lower kidneys to form more upper ones. You also need to do with full lateral branches. In total there should be about 5 levels of branches, the rest can be deleted.
- In a few years there will be flowers. To get more fruit, transfer the pollen from the anther to the sticky stamen with a cotton swab. But too many fruits should not be, so the plant can be depleted. Ideally, one fruit will have 10-15 leaves per leaf, the other fruits will be removed.
Let a piece of sun and heat appear in your house in the form of a beautiful lemon tree.
Date: 08.10.2018, 08:55 / Views: 73531
Heat Exchanger for Furnace
Frame for rubber products
The Simplest Oscilloscope from a Computer
How to choose shoes in the online store
This house is not really intended for permanent life, but for rest it is a real paradise
Super Fast Microwave Chips