"Hedgehog" - the story of vain vanity
Dad was forty years old, Slavik was ten, his hedgehog was even less.
Slavik dragged a hedgehog in a hat, ran to the couch on which his father lay with an open newspaper, and choking with happiness, he shouted:
- Dad, look!
Dad put the newspaper down and looked at the hedgehog. The hedgehog was snub-nosed and cute. In addition, the Pope encouraged the son's love for animals. In addition, the father himself loved animals.
- Good hedgehog! - Dad said. - Handsome! Where did you get it?
“A boy in the yard gave me,” said Slavik.
- Has presented, means? - said the pope.
- No, we exchanged - said Slavik. - He gave me a hedgehog, and I gave him a ticket.
- What other ticket?
- Lottery, - said Slavik and released a hedgehog on the floor. - Dad, he needs to give milk ..
- Wait with milk! - strictly said dad. - Where did you get the lottery ticket?
"I bought it," said Slavik.
- Uncle on the street ... He sold many such tickets. Thirty kopecks ... Oh, dad, a hedgehog under the couch climbed ...
- Wait you with your hedgehog! - Dad said nervously and put Slavik next to him.- How did you give the boy his lottery ticket? .. But what if this ticket won something?
"He won," said Slavik, not stopping to watch the hedgehog.
- So how is it - won? - Dad asked quietly, and his nose was covered with beads of sweat. - What won?
- Fridge! Said Slavik and smiled.
- What?! - Dad shuddered strangely. - Fridge?! .. What are you talking about? .. How do you know that ?!
- How - where from? Slavik was offended. - I checked it in the newspaper ... There the first three digits matched ... and the rest ... And the same series! .. I already know how to check, Dad! I'm an adult!
- Adult ?! - Dad hissed so that the hedgehog that came out from under the couch curled up in fear. - Adult?! .. Change the fridge for a hedgehog?
“But I thought,” said Slavik in alarm, “I thought that we already have a fridge, but there is no hedgehog ...”
- Shut up! - Dad shouted and jumped up from the couch. - Who ?! Who is that boy?! Where is he?!
“He lives in the next house,” said Slavik and wept. - His Senya name is ...
- Come on! - Dad shouted again and grabbed the hedgehog with his bare hands. - Let's go fast !!
“I won't go,” said Slavik, sobbing. - I do not want a refrigerator, I want a hedgehog!
“Yes, let's go, dummy,” papa wheezed.- If only to return the ticket, I'll buy you a hundred hedgehogs ...
"No ..." Slavik bellowed. “You can't buy it ... Senka didn’t want to change anyway, I could hardly persuade him ...”
"Too, apparently, a thinker!" - sarcastically said dad. - Well, quickly! ..
Seine was about eight years old. He stood in the middle of the courtyard and looked with fear at the terrible dad, who was carrying Slavik in one hand and a hedgehog in the other.
- Where? - Dad asked, advancing on Senya. - Where is the ticket? Criminal, take your thorn and give me a ticket!
- I don't have a ticket! Said Senya, and trembled.
- And where he?! - cried dad. “What did you do to him, usurer?” Sold?
“I made a pigeon from it,” whispered Senya and whimpered.
- Do not Cry! - Dad said, trying to be calm. “Don't cry, boy ... So you made a pigeon out of him.” And where is this little dove? .. Where is he? ..
“He sat down on the ledge ...” said Senya.
- On which cornice?
- Get on that one! - and Senya pointed to the eaves of the second floor.
Dad took off his coat and climbed the drainpipe.
The children below watched him with delight.
Twice the father broke, but then he crawled to the eaves and took off a little yellow paper pigeon, which was already slightly softened from the water.
Going down to the ground and breathing heavily, Dad opened the ticket and saw that it was released two years ago.
- When did you buy it? - asked the father of Slavik.
- Even in the second grade, - said Slavik.
- And when checked?
“This is not the circulation ...” the father said wearily.
- So what? - said Slavik. - But all tsiferki converge ...
Papa silently stepped aside and sat down on the bench.
His heart was pounding in his chest, orange circles were floating before his eyes ... He lowered his head hard.
“Dad,” Slavik said quietly, coming up to his father. - Dont worry! Senka says that he gives us a hedgehog anyway ...
- Thank you! - Dad said. - Thank you, Senya ...
He got up and went to the house. He suddenly felt very sad. He realized that he could never return that happy time when they change the refrigerator to the hedgehog with an easy heart.
Date: 22.10.2018, 19:27 / Views: 33484
The same Chocolate Muffin in a Mug in 5 minutes
Everything you need to know about cottages
Easter eggs from plasticine
Star of Game of Thrones Lena Hidi gave birth to a daughter
How to quickly sew a sheet with an elastic band
Hello, I can’t solve math problems. I’m in grade 4 and I can still fix it, but please help me
How to make a footer
Unusual properties of ordinary glycerin. Some useful tips