Health and Exercise Websites
Finding credible fitness and health information on the Internet can be difficult, but know how to decipher information and sites, plus knowing the best fitness and health websites can help. Instead of being overwhelmed with the hundreds of thousands of results that you receive from your search engine, you will be able to target good information quickly.
Become an Internet Sleuth
There are ways to figure out if the site you're on is a reputable one. First, look at the domain name and the extension. Ever notice that most sites have '.com' or '.org' at the end? These actually mean something. Below is a list of the most common domain name extensions and their meanings:
- .com - stands for a commercial site. So, if you land on a .com page, that site may have an agenda beyond providing you with information, such as selling a product.
- .net - stands for Internet source. Again, these sites can be excellent resources, but they can also be unreliable.
- .edu - stands for university or school. These are usually reliable resources.
- .gov - this stands for the government. These are also usually reliable resources.
- .org - this stands for nonprofit organization. These sites are also generally reliable.
It should be noted that no one polices the above suffixes. So you can't judge a site by whether it is a .net or a .org. There are plenty of .com sites that have incredible information. In fact, most news sites carry the .com moniker.
There are a few steps to figuring out if a site is reliable. First, look at the domain name (above). Next, search for information about the site. Who created it? What are their credentials? When was the site last updated? Is there a list of available resources you can check out? Finally, read the information carefully and see if it gels with what you already know. For example, if you know that safe weight loss happens with exercise and a healthy diet, be wary of a site that offers a magical pill guaranteeing weight loss.
Now that you have some basic tools under your belt, here are some great health and fitness websites.
Comprehensive Health and Fitness Sites
- Of course, is a great place to start whether you're looking for information about specific exercises (like walking, running, or swimming) or general health issues.
- National Institutes of Health—Though this site is pretty dry, it covers everything you need to know about health and fitness. What makes it stand out is that it lists all the latest news and scientific discoveries, so it's a great place to keep up with what's new.
Fitness and Exercise
- ExRx.Net—This site is a bit more technical, but has a huge database of muscle groups and different exercises that target each muscle group.
- —This site offers free fitness and nutrition tracking that allows you to keep track of your exercise and diet. There's also a paid version that offers more features.
Nutrition and Weight Loss
Workout Apparel, Equipment, and Videos
- and —These sites work hand in hand. At Collage, you'll find any workout video in production and at Video Fitness you'll find reviews of them.
- —Cathe Friedrich is one of the top video fitness instructors in the industry. Her site provides fitness information and links as well as information about her videos.
- —This site provides quality workout clothes for women of all sizes and shapes, with a specialty in workout bras. Their service is impeccable.
- —RRS is for runners and walkers, providing reliable fitness tips and tons of quality athletic shoes, clothes and accessories.
There are many more reliable health and fitness websites out there, but these cover almost all aspects of health and fitness. Surf around and get to know what's out there!.
Video: 30 LAZY LIFE HACKS for WEIGHT LOSS That Actually Work!!! How to Lose Weight Easily Without Trying
Top 10 Hair Salons In Ahmedabad
What Eating an Entire Pint of Ice Cream Does to Your Body
How to Stay Healthy as a Trucker
How to Find a Gift for a Self Proclaimed Nerd or Geek
Dit wist je nog niet: tampons hebben een houdbaarheidsdatum
3 Ingredient Combos You Should Never Put on YourSkin
55 Festive Fashion Lookbook Photos to Get You in the HolidaySpirit
Wake Up or Relax With this Soothing Yoga Workout
Spring Trend: Fringe
This Deputy Pulled His Own Wife Over So They Could Share a Sweet Surprise