A shabby office chair will turn into a new one with the help of this simple idea.
Office chairs have a fairly strong mechanism, but, unfortunately, their upholstery quickly becomes useless - it is erased, it loses its color and its former attractiveness. Throw such a thing (and usually it is not cheap) does not raise the hand, but it is not so easy to revive. Well, it really is not easy, however, it is quite possible. If you have a couple of unnecessary old jeans in your closet, then rather get them out of there and let them do it! A little patience, a sewing machine and faith in a good result will help you overcome this difficult path and become the winner in the struggle for a new and almost free office chair.
For work you will need:
- 3 pairs of old jeans;
- office chair;
- sewing machine, thread, scissors;
- furniture stapler;
- screwdriver for screws.
Let's get to work:
1. First of all, you need to disassemble the chair in parts.Do not forget then what screws from which part of the chair.
2. Cut off a piece of cloth from jeans and try on a handle. We carefully fix the reverse side of the furniture stapler, leaving space for the screws.
3. Go to the seat. You will need to cut out most of the jeans, as seen in the photo below. We will do just a separate removable cover, and not the upholstery, which is attached to the chair. Such a cover will be very convenient to remove and wash when necessary. For it, you need to cut off part of the jeans along the thick side seam and stitch it together to get one big piece of denim for the seat cover.
4. Try on the resulting piece of denim seat, fasten with pins.
5. Stitch stitches on the machine, insert the cord inside, tighten slightly.
6. Try on the seat cover.
7. Go to the back. Similarly, cut the right amount of denim fabric, stitch and try on.
8. Sew to the bottom of the zipper.
9. Putting the chair back and admiring the result!
Date: 11.10.2018, 13:42 / Views: 43292
Should we diet? Ask nutritionists and doctors
Sample menu for Lent
What are the fingers
Biochemical screening: to do or not
Delicious and incredibly popular crab salad
Practical and elegant stand: easy, cheap, very beautiful
Frame for rubber products
Paper Crafts for March 8